- Moved to new hosting provider.
- Complete rewrite of mask generation code.
- SVG opens fine in Corel Draw 12 (and, I think Corel Draw X4) now.
- SVG now converts to DXF cleanly in Inkscape. You should be able to take the resulting .DXF directly to a machine shop/laser cutter/etc.
- Split the existing generator page up into 4 pages (Overview, Generator, FAQ, and Change History) to make them more manageable.
- Segregated parameter entry so it's not so overwhelming - broke it into Basic parameters, Advanced parameters, and Print options.
- Entry validation added.
- Appropriate parameters will accept numbers with decimal points.
- Added an option to make the center of the left-hand side a bar instead of a slot.
- Added an override for the slot width.
- Added an option to scale the SVG to 72DPI for use with Adobe Illustrator.
- Cleaned up the text a bit - now consistently use "slot" to mean an opening in the mask and "bar" to mean a solid bit.
- Fixed a misspelling of Bahtinov in the name of the generated file. Sorry Pavel, and thanks to John W. for pointing it out.
- Fixed a bug in which the "horizontal" stripe count was not actually being recognized. Thanks to Kevin R. for spotting it and not beating me up about it.
- Reordered the XML comments in the SVG file so that the values that are entered appear at the top of the comments section, in the order they are entered in the generator form.
- Greatly simplified the generated SVG - seems to fix the Inkscape printing issues.
- Decoupled structural bar thickness from edge thickness; added a parameter for specifying the thickness of the structural bars.
- Added optional "center line" crosshairs for alignment/testing purposes.
- Horizontal stripes now start with a cutout on the center line - apparently this *is* important.
- Added parameter for controlling number of horizontal cutouts.
- Elimated "bumps" on outside of circle at the intersection with the structural bars.
- Fixed the background/fill colors so they work completely.
- I changed "Submit" to "Generate!" because I thought it was more exciting that
- Decoupled the margin from the edge thickness; added a parameter for left and top margins. Width and height are now calculated as aperture + (2 * edge thickness) + (2 * appropriate margin).
- Added a parameter for the angle of the angled cutouts.
If you have questions, comments, issues, suggestions, or if you'd like to be notified when the generator is updated, shoot an e-mail to david at astrojargon dot net.